Our beautiful, light, and airy studio is located in West Berkeley near Aquatic Park across from the Dona Springs Animal Shelter. It is wheelchair accessible. To preserve the integrity of our sprung bamboo floor, we do not allow shoes, food, or beverages in the studio space. Our offices are located around the corner at 605 Addison.
Public Transportation Directions
Luna is conveniently located near several AC Transit bus lines:
- 51B travels up and down University Ave and drops off at 3rd & University, by the Berkeley Amtrak station.
- 72/72M/72R travel on San Pablo Ave and stops at Addison.
- Transbay lines FS/Z/G all drop off at University and 6th Street.
- The nightline 802 travels on San Pablo and drops off at University.
Luna is an easy 30 minute walk from the North Berkeley BART. Or walk 5 blocks to Acton and University to pick up the 51B (mentioned above under Bus).
The Downtown Berkeley BART is about a 40 minute walk from Luna, or walk to Shattuck Square at Center Street to take the 51B (mentioned above under Bus).
Luna is a short walk from the Berkeley Amtrak station at University and 3rd Street.
Luna Dance Institute is happy to offer the dance community rental of studio on a limited basis. Our studio can be made available for your rehearsals, workshops, or classes. Specifically, we seek long-term rental partners who are interested in making art in a Berkeley home.
Facility Features & Equipment
- Fully sprung bamboo floor, with wheelchair-accessible ramps
- Dimensions: 32 feet x 38 feet = 1216 square feet; 14’ high ceilings
- Two 7 foot x 10 foot mirrors, along one wall
- Sound system: 5 disc CD player with remote, MP3/auxiliary input, 2 B&W speakers
- Natural & overhead lighting
- Ceiling fans
- Wheelchair-accessible restroom
Subject to change. Payment due at time of booking, no refunds or make-ups for missed time. Bulk discounts available. Refundable key, cleaning, and security deposit required. Proof of liability insurance required.
6 or fewer dancers
7 or more dancers
* Renters must book space 15 minutes after rehearsal ends for clean-up and exiting.
** Workshops and classes must rent 15 minutes before to welcome and sign-in students, as well as 15 minutes after for clean-up and exiting.
Use of the Luna Dance Institute studio is contingent upon the renter’s understanding, acceptance and adherence to the rental terms and policies. Workshops and classes, whether free or for a fee, must have prior approval by Luna Dance Institute. Please note the Luna is not available to rent for public performances at this time. No access to offices or use of library permitted. A current certificate of liability insurance is required for all rentals. Please visit www.fracturedatlas.org for information and resources about finding appropriate insurance coverage.