Are you passionate about creativity? Do you thrive in a collaborative, grassroots environment where everyone pulls together to create change? If you seek to apply your skills in service of social justice through the art of dance, we would love to hear from you!
Benefits of Working at Luna
- Professional learning at no cost
- Race, equity and inclusion trainings & practice
- Group health plans: medical, dental & vision at shared cost
- Paid holiday, vacation & sick leave
- Retirement match
- Sabbatical at tenure
- Writing, publication & conference opportunities
- Advocacy & community leadership
Professional Development Opportunities
Luna Dance is committed to providing ongoing and varied opportunities for our teaching faculty. Below is a sample of the many ways that our faculty has engaged in furthering their craft and the field.
- Arts Education Bay Area Alliance Executive Board
- Berkeley Cultural Trust Committee
- California Dance Education Association Executive Board
- National Dance Education Organization Conference
- National Guild for Community Arts Education Conference & Leadership Institute
- VSA Intersections: Arts and Special Education Conference
- Writing articles for Dance Education in Practice & InDance
Current Job Opportunities
We’re looking for a full-time Director of Administration to join our leadership team as we transform Luna in its 4th decade. Our team values of inquiry, collaboration, and creativity guide us as we advance Luna’s mission and Theory of Change.
Hiring objective: Work with staff, executives, and board of directors to manifest Luna’s strategic goals.
Responsibilities include: Strategic planning, directing personnel to achieve strategic goals, daily operations, budget and financial management; grant and contract proposal writing, reporting, and compliance with full team; and facility management. The position requires a leader with technical, humanitarian, and conceptual skills—one who sees how the small and mindful acts are related to the big picture.
Compensation: $77,000-$90,000 (commensurate with experience) plus paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave, and retirement and health plans with employer match.
Deadline to apply: September 6, 2021
Apply for this position if…
- Both big-picture thinking and attention to detail
- Being responsible for and responsive to the needs of diverse individuals and communities
- Learning and growing alone and in collaboration
- Children, family, teachers, artists, dancers
- Equity and inclusion
- Creative process
- Critical conversations on dilemmas that may not have a sole answer
You have some of these
- Experience managing or directing a nonprofit arts organization
- Past work as a teacher or working with teachers, children or families
- Fundraising, budgeting, planning skills
- Dance is a part of your life
- Willingness to add new perspectives to a diverse team
- Empathy, curiosity, tenacity, humor
- Communication skills in writing, speaking, other media
In a typical week, you might
- Prepare financial reports for a board meeting or grant report
- Reach out to a stakeholder to share some Luna news
- Brainstorm future programs and services
- Help staff understand how their efforts are connected to goals
- Help funders see how Luna’s work extends beyond stereotype
- Go to the bank, pay some bills, send an invoice
- Navigate multiple web portals to update Luna’s state or national arts data
- Take a walk to clear your mind and return to share an ‘aha’ moment
To apply: Compose a letter addressing how you see yourself contributing to Luna’s work, mission, or Theory of Change. Inform us of your past or current work or creative accomplishments to paint a picture of how your experience can advance Luna. Send the letter and work history as a pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Luna Dance Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse team and inclusive culture. Luna Dance encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.