LUNA IS HIRING!
Are you passionate about creativity? Do you thrive in a collaborative, grassroots environment where everyone pulls together to create change? If you seek to apply your skills in service of social justice through the art of dance, Luna Dance Institute might be the place for you!
Luna seeks to hire a teaching artist-administrator to begin work in August 2019. As a full-time faculty member, the candidate may teach in our studio, community, schools, early childhood centers, or MPACT (Moving Parents and Children Together) programs and provide administrative support.
Luna offers employees benefits that include health, dental, and vision group plans; matched retirement plan; vacation, holiday, and sick leave; free professional development; and more. Starting salary: $45,000.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- 3 years of dance teaching experience
- Ability to develop creative, standards-based dance curriculum
- Commitment to Luna mission, vision, philosophical approach
- Completion of entire LDI Foundation & ECE series, or specific intent to do so
- Good communication skills
- Willing to make a 2-year commitment
- Able to work Saturdays as scheduled
- CA driver’s license and access to a vehicle as needed
- Desire to work with LDI team on issues of equity, race, and inclusion
- 3 years of experience working with children ages 0-5
- Strong understanding of human development 0-8
- Experience in building relationships and collaborating with program partners
- Experience interacting with parents and caregivers of multiple cultural and family situations, both in and outside of class
- Ability to articulate the benefits of dance in early childhood
- Spanish, Tagalog, Chinese, or Farsi language skills a plus
To apply: Please send a one-page cover letter indicating why you wish to work for Luna and current resume by regular mail to 605 Addison Street, Berkeley, CA 94710 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The first application deadline is June 3rd. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Luna is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek to expand our capacity to serve by
hiring faculty from previously underrepresented communities.