These dance teacher tools and resources were selected to inspire and provoke conversation, reaffirm what you know intrinsically, and connect you to the infrastructure of arts education. Enjoy exploring!
Creative Dance Curricular Ideas – Twitter Moves
In an experiment called Twitter Moves (2011-13) Luna posted a daily creative dance prompt to spark ideas for new curriculum. Follow us to discover this collection or play with these blasts from the past:
Luna’s Writing and Research
Luna faculty write about the art of teaching and our current research in national journals, regularly publish articles in InDance, and share reflections from our own learning and teaching through our case studies and blog. Visit our research page to explore these resources.
TED Talks, Videos & Webinars
These inspiring videos and webinars remind us of the power of creative arts education, and can serve as advocacy tools to share with administrators and colleagues.
State and National Dance Standards
Interested in aligning your curriculum with State and National Dance Standards? Explore these links, or visit our library for models of other states’ dance standards.
- National Core Arts Standards
- Visual and Performing Arts Standards for California – Currently being revised to align with National Core Arts Standards
- California Preschool Learning Foundations, Visual & Performing Arts
Voices from Our Dance Teaching Community
Many of our colleagues and community members reflect on dance teaching and share resources through their writing and blogs:
Bianca Brzezinski’s Dance MovEase
Erica Cravath’s dance integration lessons
Alison Hart-Booth’s “Why Can’t My Students Just Listen to Me?”
Jacob’s Pillow Dance Interactive
Library as Incubator Project’s Books to Boogie
Jill Randall’s Dancing Words
Jill Randall’s Life as a Modern Dancer
Professional Organizations for Artist Educators
Luna is affiliated with local, statewide, national and international dance, arts and education organizations. Here are a few that provide resources for professionals:
- Alameda County Office of Education Alliance for Arts Learning Leadership
- Berkeley Cultural Trust (BCT)
- Berkeley Arts Education Steering Committee (BAESC)
- California County Superintendents Educational Services Association Arts Initiative (CCSESA)
- California Dance Education Association (CDEA)
- Create CA