The Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) is seeking participants to field test items for California Subject Examinations for Teachers® (CSET®) Dance and Theatre. Each field test form consists of either a set of multiple-choice questions or two to three constructed-response (essay) items. Field tests are administered during a 75-minute or 90-minute field test session.
Advantages of Participation
- For each acceptably completed field test form, participants will have the choice of either a $75 test registration voucher that can be applied toward future California certification test registration fees or a $50 Amazon eGift Card. Eligible participants may complete up to two (2) field test forms per field. Please allow up to six weeks for processing.
- Vouchers may be applied toward registration fees for a future California
credentialing examination, including the CSET, California Basic Educational Skills Test™ (CBEST®), California Preliminary Administrative Credential Examination (CPACE), California Teacher of English Learners® (CTEL®) or Reading Instruction Competence Assessment® (RICA®). Test registration vouchers are transferable and expire one year from date of issue. More than one voucher may be used toward a single test registration.
- An Amazon eGift Card is valid for use until balance is consumed.
- Participants have the opportunity to gain valuable practice in computer-based testing.
- Participants have the opportunity to provide input on the development of the examination.
Who is Eligible to Participate?
- Candidates of the California Single Subject Teaching Credential in English, Dance, Physical Education, and Theatre or are currently preparing to take the CSET: English, CSET: Dance, CSET: Physical Education or CSET: Theatre examination in fulfillment of credentialing requirements are eligible to participate.
- Newly credentialed public-school educators providing Dance and Theatre instruction with less than 3 years of experience are eligible to participate.
Field Test Dates
Testing will be held at Pearson Professional Centers and authorized test centers across the state starting April 5, 2021 through May 14, 2021.
How to Get Involved
Go to www.pearsonvue.com/espilot
NOTE: Field test results will be analyzed as group data only and will be kept confidential. Score information will not be provided to participants and performance on a field test will not affect a candidate’s certification status.