Want to be part of a movement for change in California? Are you hungry to connect with your dance ed community? Ready to hone your own leadership & advocacy skills? Consider running for a board position with California Dance Education Association. Share some of your own expertise and continue to learn as you help cultivate the dance education ecosystem in our state.
Nominations are now open for CDEA’s Greater Board and Executive Board positions:
- President Elect: Learns all aspects of the organization in preparation for moving into Co-Presidency for two-year term after one or two terms as President-Elect.
- Treasurer: Creates and manages budgets included projected budgets for approval by Board (1 year term)
- Webmaster: Maintains and updates our CDEA website. Must have experience with WordPress and feel comfortable with adding media and more to the site on regular basis. Prior web experience is a must.
- Communications Director: Uses organizational templates to create Facebook, Instagram, Twitter presence for organization coordinated with blog posts. Familiarity with all social media platforms, writing, and basic design/layout experience desired.
- Video Producer: Produces or edits videos as need for the organization.
- New Member Mailing Chair: Organizes twice a year mailings welcoming new members
- Professional Development/Conference Liaison: Helps support and plan professional development workshops/conferences with executive board members.
- Share Your Gifts: Have a skill you think CDEA would benefit from? Like to blog? Design t-shirts and dance gear? Incredible graphic designer? Kind of crafty? We are open to suggestions. Propose a greater board position that is a perfect fit for YOU.
Executive Board Nominations and Greater Board Interest are open now until November 15. Click here below to self nominate or nominate another “dance hero”!