The Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) and Evaluation Systems group of Pearson are currently seeking California educators to participate in a Standard Setting Conference (October 2021) and/or an Online Item Review Conference (November 2021) for the California Subject Examinations for Teachers® (CSET®) program.
About the CSET program:
The CSET program has been developed by the CTC for prospective teachers who choose to or are required to meet specific requirements for certification by taking examinations. The CTC contracted the Evaluation Systems group of Pearson to assist in the development, administration, and scoring of the CSET. The CSET program includes examinations designed to help candidates meet state credential requirements for 1) basic skills, 2) subject matter competence, 3) educational technology, and 4) bilingual authorization.
The CTC is redeveloping the CSET examinations in Dance and Theatre to align with the 2019 California Arts Standards as adopted by the California State Board of Education. For this reason, the CTC is convening the following panels and committee to take part in examination review activities described below.
October 2021 Standard Setting Conference panels meet:
- Dance Standard Setting Panel, October 12-13, 2021
- Theatre Standard Setting Panel, October 14-15, 2021
Conference Purpose: The purpose of the conference is for each panel to make recommendations that will be used, in part, by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) in setting the passing standard in support of the newly developed California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET) Dance or Theatre examinations.
November 2021 Online Item Review Conference panels meet:
- Bias Review Committee, November 8-9, 2021
- Dance Subject Matter Advisory Panel, November 15-16, 2021
- Theatre Subject Matter Advisory Panel, November 17-18, 2021
Conference Purpose: Below are brief descriptions of the types of examination development activities that approved committee/panel members will be asked to take part in during this conference:
- Bias Review: Bias Review Committee members will review draft examination items for issues of potential bias.
- Item Review: Subject Matter Advisory Panel members will review and revise draft examination items (for their assigned examination field of Dance or Theatre).
Public school educators who are:
- certified in California, and
- currently practicing (or have practiced within the last school year) in one or more of the fields listed above
All certified educators regardless of their subject area are encouraged to apply to serve on the Bias Review Committee.
College faculty who are:
- teacher preparation personnel in one or more of the fields listed above
- practicing (or have practiced within the last school year) in one or more of the fields listed above, and
- preparing teacher candidates in an approved California teacher preparation or subject matter program
How you can get involved:
- If you are interested in applying to participate on the Bias Review Committee, please complete the CTC Bias Review Committee Application for consideration.
- If you are interested in applying to participate on the Dance or Theatre panels, please complete the CSET Arts Content Advisory Committees Application for consideration.
- To nominate educators to serve on the committee/panels listed above, please complete the CTC Educator Nomination Form.
Benefits of Participation Include:
- substitute reimbursement for your school,
- an opportunity to make a difference in California teacher development and performance,
- an opportunity for professional growth and collaboration with educators in your field
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact Evaluation Systems group of Pearson’s Committee Recruitment Group at evaluationsystemscrg@pearson.