Are you passionate about creativity? Do you thrive in a collaborative, grassroots environment where everyone pulls together to create change? If you seek to apply your skills in service of social justice through the art of dance, we would love to hear from you!
Benefits of Working at Luna
- Professional learning at no cost
- Race, equity and inclusion trainings & practice
- Group health plans: medical, dental & vision at shared cost
- Paid holiday, vacation & sick leave
- Retirement match
- Sabbatical at tenure
- Writing, publication & conference opportunities
- Advocacy & community leadership
Professional Development Opportunities
Luna Dance is committed to providing ongoing and varied opportunities for our teaching faculty. Below is a sample of the many ways that our faculty has engaged in furthering their craft and the field.
- Arts Education Bay Area Alliance Executive Board
- Berkeley Cultural Trust Committee
- California Dance Education Association Executive Board
- National Dance Education Organization Conference
- National Guild for Community Arts Education Conference & Leadership Institute
- VSA Intersections: Arts and Special Education Conference
- Writing articles for Dance Education in Practice & InDance
Current Job Opportunities
This is an excellent career-step position for candidates with aspirations to become an Executive Director of a community or arts nonprofit organization or to start a new organization someday. The job responsibilities are essential for any leadership position including:
- Handling operations of a mid-sized nonprofit, arts organization with a staff of 8 and a 4,000 square foot facility.
- Managing the day-to-day budget and cash flow for an organization with annual expenses of $600,000-700,000.
- Serving as the onsite Human Resources manager to support teaching faculty with benefits, insurance, timesheets, compliance, and other logistical matters.
- May also include development support such as grant tracking, grant submissions, expense reports, and grant writing depending on skill and interest of the candidate.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well with a team of artists and educators
- Experience with budgets
- Confidence working with Excel spreadsheets
- Willingness to participate in Luna’s ongoing equity efforts
- Prior work in nonprofit organizations
- Experience leading or collaborating with a team
- Prior experience with Human Resources, Operations, or Facilities management
The position is 50% time and salary is commensurate with experience. All work must be performed at Luna’s offices in Berkeley, California; however, there is some flexibility in scheduling.
Please apply to this position by 9/20/19 by sending your resume along with cover letter addressing why Luna is the right organization for you at this time to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until job is filled.
Luna Dance Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse team and inclusive culture. Luna Dance encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.