NOW HIRING FOR 2013-14
Luna Dance Institute offers full-time (75-100%) employment to dance teaching artists and educators with the necessary skills to teach in our programs—Studio Lab, Early Childhood, Schools & Community centers and/or MPACT (Moving Parents and Children Together) as well as take on key administrative duties to support the organization. In the upcoming year, we seek someone with strong interest and experience in Resource Development/ Fundraising.
- Assist Director of Community Engagement in all aspects of Resource Development, public and community relations
- Track donations from individual donors and foundations, holding accountability for timely acknowledgement and reporting
- Assist with event planning and coordination
- Record keeping and documentation of all fundraising and community-building activities
- Provide other executive assistance upon requested
- May be assigned independent teaching schedule in any or all program areas, teaching creative, standards-based dance curricula to children 3-17 years of age
- Support client relations and studio manager upon request
- Understanding of and commitment to LDI mission, vision, philosophical approach
- Ability to work as vibrant team member of learning organization
- Minimum two years fundraising, resource development experience
- Ability to take personal responsibility for work product and decisions
- Good people skills: patience, communication, flexibility
- Completion of entire LDI foundations series, or intent to do so
- Good verbal and writing skills
- Detail oriented
- Minimum 2-year commitment
- Able to work some Saturdays and evenings as scheduled
- CA driver’s license and access to vehicle as needed
- Experience with California Data Project
- Minimum 4 years experience teaching dance to children
- Grantwriting or reviewing experience
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid holidays, sick leave, pto/vacation, professional development, health care, vision care, retirement (after probationary period).
To apply: Please send resume to Luna Dance Institute, 605 Addison Street, Berkeley, CA 94710. First application deadline is May 28, 2013, though resumes will be accepted until jobs are filled. Please DO NOT fax or email resume—they will not be considered.
Starting Date: Summer 2013
Luna is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please check back here for updates.