On last Tuesday of each month, Luna offers FREE professional consultation in person or by telephone appointment to individuals who teach or want to teach dance or administrators who wish to see if Luna is a good resource for their school or organization.
During 2016-17 FREE consultations sessions will be held from 3:30-6:00 pm on the last Tuesday of most months, September-May. Reserve space for guaranteed one-on-one attention to your concerns during a 20-25 minute meeting.
2016-17 Consultation dates:
In-person FREE consultations are held at Luna Dance Institute in West Berkeley. Telephone/long-distance consultations are available with reserved appointment times. Call 510.883.1118 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve space.
Luna PL faculty offers extended consultation at the rate of $125/hour to individuals; $200/hour for institutions. Send email or call for more information.
Schools, organizations and school districts also seek help to create vibrant learning communities for dance. The following services are available for a fee:
- dance professional development inservices at your school
- facilitate workshops or seminars for groups of teaching artists in your community
- consultation on program design, planning or evaluation
- support in hiring a dance specialist and providing professional development for him/her
- other services to create, expand or improve dance teaching at your location
We charge $250/hour for initial consultation; $600 for 1/2-day workshops; $1000 for full-day workshop; $1500/day + travel for out-of-area combined services. Call to receive an estimate for your scope of work.
A sample of past consulting clients include:
- Los Angeles Unified School District: professional development for dance teaching artists, planning and evaluation of master plan for the arts
- Canyon Dance Company, Flagstaff, AZ: professional development for dance teaching artists, consulting regarding social justice project development
- Siskyou Community College: professional development for Early Childhood Education Department
- Kidango Child Development Centers: professional development and model family dance classes
- Tri-Valley Haven: professional development
- Family Support Services of the Bay Area: model family classes and embodied parent education
- Marin School District: professional development
- San Francisco Ballet Dance In Schools Program: professional development
Sometimes clients become partners with Luna to build cultures of dance in diverse communities. Current partners include:
Asian Women’s Shelter, San Francisco: supporting children’s advocates, collaborative professional development, co-offering Cultural Competency & Dance for agencies and individuals working with immigrant families
Dancers’ Group, San Francisco: contributing regular articles on dance education to InDance, THE professional dance journal of the San Francisco Bay Area community.
Marin Family Center: working with ASI veteran and Sausalito-Marin City school district to build family dance program at new parent center
Oakland Unified School District: infrastructure support to create scope & sequence, standards-based dance for children K-8 and support high school dance teachers